Mandarin Chicken Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
This Mandarin chicken salad ups the ante of what a chicken salad can be. It’s piled high with sweet mandarin oranges, shredded chicken, avocado and crunchy toppings, and tossed with a zingy lemon vinaigrette.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 cups spinach
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled and separated
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Sprinkle of black and white sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the vinaigrette ingredients together; pour 3/4 of it into a baking dish with the chicken. Allow the chicken to marinate - ideally, marinate the chicken for a few hours in the refrigerator, but 30 minutes is fine.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
- Shred the chicken using either a fork or a stand mixer. Then in a large mixing bowl, toss all the ingredients together. Drizzle the remaining lemon vinaigrette on top.
Nutrition facts per serving: calories 315; protein 29 g; carbohydrates 21g; fat 14g; fiber 7 g