- 2 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon
- 4 Tbsp grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the salmon skin-side down on the baking sheet and cover with a second piece of parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the garlic, parsley, thyme, lemon juice and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese in a small dish.
- Discard the parchment paper covering the salmon. Use a pastry brush to carefully cover the fillets with the herb-cheese mixture.
- Bake the salmon, uncovered, for about 5 minutes more. The salmon is done when the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve immediately
Cooking tip: Don’t overcook the salmon. Overcooked fish turns rubbery and the “fishy” flavor tends to be emphasized. Fish is safely cooked when the internal temperature measures 145 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
Serving Size: 4 oz salmon fillet; yields: 2 servings; 200 calories, 10g fat, 27g protein, 9g carbs
Source: The Gastric Sleeve Bariatric Cookbook