Flourless Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Calories: 167 KCAL, 6 g protein
- 1 cup almond butter or creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice*
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (or honey, if you prefer)
- Optional: 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and line a standard muffin pan with paper cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix until a smooth batter is formed, folding in the chocolate chips last, if desired.
- Using a 1/4 cup, distribute the batter evenly among the 12 baking cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 350F, until the centers are firm and starting to crack.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For best shelf life, store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. (These freeze well, too!)
*Note: You can make your own Pumpkin Pie Spice by using 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg instead.