Skinny Meatloaf Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Frosting
For the Meatloaf Cupcakes:
- 1.3 pounds 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup grated zucchini, all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
- 2 Tbsp onion, minced
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp kosher salt
For the Skinny Mashed Potato “Frosting”:
- 1 pound (about 2 medium) Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fat free chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp skim milk
- 1/2 Tbsp light butter
- kosher salt to taste
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- Put the potatoes and garlic in a large pot with salt and enough water to cover; bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and return potatoes and garlic to pan. Add sour cream and remaining ingredients. Using a masher or blender, mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°. Line a muffin tin with foil liners. In a large bowl, mix the turkey, zucchini, onion, breadcrumbs, ketchup, egg, and salt. Place meatloaf mixture into muffin tins filling them to the top, making sure they are flat at the top.
- Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from tins and place onto a baking dish.
- Pipe the “frosting” onto the meatloaf cupcakes and serve.
Makes 12 cupcakes
Serving Size: 2 cupcakes
Calories: 240.7, Fat: 8.5 g, Protein: 18.1 g, Carb: 24.5 g, Fiber: 2.5 g, Sugar: 4.2 g, Sodium: 560.1 mg (without salt)