Roasted Ranch Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- ¼-½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Seasoning Mix (store bought or make your own – see below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash cauliflower and remove all the leaves from the underside. Place it in an oven safe dish.
- Mix the olive oil (start with ¼ cup) and ranch mix in a bowl until smooth. With a spoon or a brush evenly coat the whole cauliflower. Turn it upside down and drizzle a bit of the mixture underneath as well. You may also discover that using your hands makes this process go faster.
- Cover with foil, making sure no steam can escape. Roast about 30 minutes, remove and add additional oil if cauliflower is dry. Cover and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes or until a skewer goes through the cauliflower easily. Larger heads may need additional time.
- Remove the foil, and broil for about 2 or 3 minutes or until it starts to brown on the top. Keep an eye on it, as it burns easily.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Season with salt/pepper if needed.
Ranch Seasoning Mix
2/3 cup buttermilk powder
1/4 cup dried parsley
1 1/2 tbsp. dried minced onion
1 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
3 tsp. dried dill
2 tsp. dried chives
2 tsp. ground black pepper
2 tsp. salt
Combine all ingredients (pulse in a food processor if desired) and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Three tablespoons of seasoning equals 1 packet store bought mix