Oven Crunch Chicken
Directions for Oven Crusted Chicken
- In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, buttermilk, salt, pepper and minced garlic and mix well.
- Put six chicken legs in a gallon-sized ziplock bag and pour marinade over them. Seal and shake, coating all the chicken. Let set for at least four hours in the refrigerator. I set it overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a wire rack set in it. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, rosemary, oregano and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Remove chicken from yogurt marinade, shake off excess and dredge through panko mixture and place on wire rack.
- Bake on wire rack for 15 minutes, flip chicken legs over and bake for another 15 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
Ingredients for Oven Crusted Chicken
1, 5.3 oz nonfat Greek vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup lowfat buttermilk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 TBSP minced garlic
6 drumsticks (take the skin off)
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp rosemary
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp garlic powder
Nutritional Information (makes 6 servings):
Calories, 184; Protein, 22 grams; Fat, 8 grams; Carbs, 7 grams; Sugar, 1 gram