Grilled Chicken and Tomato Avocado Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless, chicken breasts (pound to 1/4-inch thickness)
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 yellow tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 2 red tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup light ranch dressing of your choice such as Litehouse OPA Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Combine oil, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chili powder; rub evenly over chicken. Coat onion with cooking spray. Arrange chicken and onion on grill rack; grill 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear, turning chicken and onion once. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken. Arrange one breast on each of four plates. Arrange two yellow and two red tomato slices on each plate. Top each serving with 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes. Divide onion and avocado evenly among the plates.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over salads. Drizzle about two tablespoons dressing over each salad.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving (Serving size is one, 3-ounce chicken breast with toppings and 2 Tbsp. dressing)
Calories: 256, Protein: 22 grams, Carbohydrate: 12 grams, Fat: 12 grams