Ginger, Beef, Mushroom & Kale Stir-fry
Total time: 30 Minutes
Ingredients for the marinade:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken/beef broth, or water)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Ingredients for the stir-fry:
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 8 ounces baby portobello or button mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Instructions for the marinade:
Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade into a large bowl or sealing plastic bag, then add in the steak and gently toss to combine. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Instructions for the stir-fry:
Once steak has marinated, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak, reserving the marinade, and add to saute pan with garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak and set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the pan. Then add in the mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened and come to a boil, and the mushrooms have cooked, stirring regularly so that sauce does not burn. Add in the steak, and toss to combine.
Serve immediately over cauliflower rice or quinoa, garnished with chopped green onions
Recipe from Gimme Some Oven