- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound total)
- ⅓ cup shaved Parmesan cheese, large pieces broken in half
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine oil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Make crosswise cuts every ½ inch along each zucchini, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Gently fan the zucchini to open the cuts wider and place a small piece of Parmesan into each cut. Brush the oil mixture over the top.
- Place the zucchini on a double layer of foil and grill, without turning, until browned and tender, 16 to 18 minutes.
Serving size: 1 zucchini
Calories: 75, Fat: 5 g, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 245 mg, Potassium: 319 mg