When tragedy strikes, our world-class trauma team is ready
Trusted Lifesaving Care
97 percent of all trauma patients who arrive at Bryan Trauma Center with a sign of life survive. 99 percent of pediatric patients survive.
Nobody expects tragedy to strike. But when it does, the dedicated team behind the Bryan Trauma Program – which houses the first Trauma Center in Nebraska verified by the American College of Surgeons – is ready.
The Bryan Trauma Program has been carefully designed to meet the needs of critically injured patients as quickly as possible. Trauma specialists are available 24 hours a day to meet those needs.
Our program encompasses:
- A Level II Trauma Center
- Trauma Outpatient Clinic for follow-up care
- Regional Trauma Registry Program
- Performance Improvement Program
- Trauma Prevention and Education Program
Why Bryan Trauma Center?
- 97 percent of all trauma patients who have arrived at Bryan Trauma Center with a sign of life have survived
- 99 percent of all pediatric trauma patients with a sign of life have survived
- Over 32,000 patients have been saved since the Bryan Trauma Center opened in 1977
The Bryan Trauma Center
For more than 30 years, Bryan has been the designated Trauma Center for Southeast Nebraska. Our trauma program is verified by the American College of Surgeons Committee on Trauma. The Trauma Center also has been designated by the Nebraska Statewide Trauma System as the lead hospital for Region II.
Through its dedicated physicians, staff members from numerous departments and administration, the Trauma Center has maintained a high level of commitment to critically injured patients. Seriously injured patients need immediate care delivered by a team of trained professionals in order to have the best chance of survival.
- To enable critically injured patients to survive their injuries
- To return patients to their highest quality of life possible
- To promote trauma prevention and education
- To participate in research to further improve the care of critically injured patients