Helping Kids Achieve Their Milestones
As a parent, you want the best for your children and you want to see them grow up to be successful adults with a successful and fulfilling life. At Bryan, we understand that an injury or challenge, either from illness, injury or a condition presented at birth, is unique and requires special care.
We appreciate and acknowledge your interests and goals and incorporate them into your child’s treatment plan through appropriate activities and games to maximize their success. It is important to us that they are able to return to school or work and have the life skills training they need to return to their community, friends and family.
Our Areas of Specialty Include:
- Developmental disabilities
- Neurological or chromosomal impairments
- Risks for delays due to prematurity
- Brain injuries
- Sensory dysfunction
- Visual perceptual impairment
Ethan, born premature with a brain bleed, is showing great strides thanks to the expert care of our therapists
Pediatric Physical Therapy
Your child's physical therapist evaluates and treats:
- Developmental motor abilities
- Range of motion
- Lower extremity abnormalities
Developmental therapy works on helping your child achieve age-appropriate motor skills. Assessing lower extremity abnormalities consists of treatment and appropriate referral for bracing as needed.
Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Your child's occupational therapist evaluates and treats:
- Developmental impairments
- Cognitive impairments
- Neuromuscular impairments
- Sensory impairments
- Feeding issues
Treatment may include motor and/or sensory activities, visual/perceptual activities and parent education and home program activities. Your child's therapist also can complete car seat fittings for children with special needs, address handwriting deficits, and complete splinting and or casting after specific treatments or therapies.
Pediatric Speech Therapy
Your speech language pathologist evaluates and treats:
- Swallowing abilities
Speech assessment and treatment consists of articulation, phonological development, fluency, and motor control of speech musculature.
Language therapy addresses both receptive and expressive components by either utilizing verbalizations, use of signs or augmented and alternative communication systems.
Swallowing therapy may address oral motor development, strength and coordination as well as feeding or texture intolerance, diet advancement and impairments in both the oral and pharyngeal phases of the swallowing mechanism.
Inpatient Pediatric Rehabilitation Services:
If your child experiences an injury or illness that requires inpatient rehabilitation, we provide:
- Thorough intensive therapy
- Interdisciplinary treatment
- Weekly treatment meetings to discuss your child's progress
- 24-7 rehabilitation nursing care
- Advanced technology to enhance treatment in addition to hands-on care
- Immediate access to a broad range of medical services and physician specialties, often allowing your child to receive specialty care while remaining on the rehab unit and limiting interruptions to therapy and recovery
- Technology allowing you and your child to stay connected to family and friends while you are away from home
- Comfortable and spacious rooms and amenities
Bryan inpatient rehabilitation is accredited by the Joint Commission and the Commission on Accreditation Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).