Inpatient Rehabilitation Admission
Generally, doctors refer patients to us after a hospital stay. However, you have a role in choosing where you or your loved ones receive rehab care.
All referrals to Bryan inpatient rehabilitation are reviewed and approved prior to admission by an intake liaison registered nurse and medical director or accepting physician.
Basis for Admission
Admission is based on:
- Medical condition/stability
- Rehabilitation goals
- Funding requirements
- Anticipated discharge location upon completing the rehab program
- Medical records and a personal interview with the patient and family are used to help make an admission determination
Bryan does not discriminate admissions on the basis of age, gender, culture, religion, payer source or national origin.
All admissions are discussed individually. Patients 10 years and older will be considered for admission.
Appropriate Diagnosis for Admission
Some of the diagnoses considered for admission include, but are not limited to:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Patients with multiple trauma
- Partial spinal cord injuries
- Degenerative or progressive neurologic disorders
- Orthopedic fractures
We work with many private insurance and managed care companies, Medicare, Medicaid and self-pay. Insurance coverage is verified before admission by our intake liaison nurse. Specially trained care management nurses will continue to monitor all patient activities on the unit and provide the insurance companies with needed information to maintain eligibility throughout your rehab stay.