Relief from migraines, cluster headaches & trigeminal neuralgia
Get Immediate & Ongoing Pain Relief
Schedule your consultation today.
Call Bryan Scheduling Center at
Migraines, ocular migraines, cluster headaches and trigeminal neuralgia pain can be debilitating – taking you away from your work and daily activities.
At Bryan, our highly trained doctors offer SphenoCath, the most advanced treatment to relieve your headache and trigeminal neuralgia pain. This treatment effectively blocks the pain, allowing you to enjoy your daily life and activities.
Expert Care to Relieve Your Pain
The SphenoCath treatment for migraines, ocular migraines, cluster headaches and trigeminal neuralgia pain:
- Is an effective and simple outpatient procedure
- Is done in 15 minutes, with no needles
- Is safe for adults, children and pregnant women
- Offers immediate and ongoing pain relief
- Is covered by most insurance companies
The procedure is performed by Michael Budler, MD; Jeffrey Himmelberg, MD; Kyle Pfeifer, MD; and John Allen, MD, doctors with Advanced Radiology.
Michael Budler, MD, explains the life-changing results of SphenoCath treatment
How SphenoCath Works
SphenoCath is a device that delivers medication over the sphenopalatine ganglion. The sphenopalatine ganglion is a collection of nerves located in the back of the nose and is responsible for a majority of frontal, temporal and some parietal lobe headaches.
Nerve impulses in this area are responsible for causing the feeling of pain from migraines, cluster headaches and trigeminal neuralgia pain. Applying medication to the area effectively blocks the feeling of pain.
The treatment can last three-six months, giving patients lives free of migraine, cluster headache and trigeminal neuralgia pain and the ability to work and enjoy daily activities, friends and family. Repeat treatments, as needed, provide ongoing pain relief from migraines, ocular migraines, cluster headaches and trigeminal neuralgia pain.
What to Expect
- The procedure takes about 10 minutes, but you will be in the room for about 30 minutes
- We will place a catheter in your nose and watch under fluoroscopy (live imaging) to be certain the soft tip of the catheter is in the correct location
- We then drip a numbing medication into the area. This numbing medication ‘resets’ your pain receptors and stops the pain caused by migraines, ocular migraines, cluster headaches or trigeminal neuralgia
- You will lay flat for about five-10 minutes after the procedure
- You may experience dizziness or a headache, which usually goes away within 24 hours
Patient Story: "It is so worth it."
Rebecca, one of the first patients to receive the SphenoCath treatment for her migraines, shares her experience.
“I had no idea of the constant pain I was carrying around daily in my head until it was GONE. The day I came in for the treatment, I had a migraine. After the procedure, my migraine was gone. The treatment is not a cure, and will need to be repeated over time but it is so worth it. I have my life back."
Julie's finds freedom from pain with SphenoCath treatment after years of suffering from migraines
Michelle's Story – After suffering with migraines every day for 13 years, Michelle gets relief with SphenoCath treatment