Bryan Heart Failure Nurse Navigators
Our caring, experienced nurses are with you every step of the way
At Bryan, we have specially trained nurses who are here to help you and your family through each step of your heart failure care.
Caring for You
Our heart failure nurse navigators:
- See you while you’re in the hospital to:
- Educate you about your condition and answer questions
- Provide information on how you can prevent your heart failure from getting worse
- Give you resources to monitor your health each day
Let you know when to call your doctor if you have certain symptoms
- Provide information to help you recognize your symptoms and when to call the doctor
Call you after you leave the hospital to check on you and answer questions
- Are available for you to call at anytime if you have questions or concerns
- Coordinate follow-up appointments with doctors and nurses who will continue to care for you
- Provide information about your care to all your doctors so everyone has information about your treatment plan and follow-up care
- Work with you and others to make sure you are taking the appropriate medications for your heart failure based on proven national guidelines for care
- Consider your risks for other health conditions and recommend any follow-care needed
You Are at the Center of all We Do
Our comprehensive approach includes you in your care and ensures all your health care providers are involved during and after your hospital stay so you receive the best care to manage your heart failure condition.
After your hospital care, your doctor and nurse navigator will often refer you to a specialized clinic for heart failure patients for ongoing care. Specially trained heart doctors and nurses in this clinic continue your care and:
- Create your personalized treatment plan
- Help you gain the skills you need to manage your heart failure
- Provide support to you each step of the way
The Bryan Nurse Navigator program is supported by the Bryan Foundation. Learn more about the Foundation and how you can support Bryan programs.