Inpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
As part of your recovery plan, we begin your rehabilitation while you're still in the hospital. After a heart attack, bypass surgery, balloon angioplasty, a stent or valve procedure, it is important to begin your rehabilitation process as soon as possible after your operation, so that you regain your strength and quality of life. Once we receive a referral from your physician, our team uses a coordinated program of care to help you and your family early in the recovery process. Our goal is to educate you on:
- Risk factor reduction
- Exercise guidelines
- Self care after your heart procedure
Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
Your success and recovery are important to us even after you have been dismissed from the hospital. We offer outpatient cardiac rehab at Bryan LifePointe Campus in Lincoln and the Crete Area Medical Center Active Lifestyles Program in Crete. Our experienced and caring therapists will work with you in a calming, state-of-the-art facility to make sure your recovery is complete and you are back to feeling like yourself. Continuing with rehab after hospitalization has been proven to improve quality of life and to reduce the chances of future heart attacks and complications.
Our cardiac rehabilitation program includes:
- Careful medical evaluation of your current health
- A monitored exercise program of aerobic and resistance training exercises
- Education and programs to reduce your risk factors for heart problems
- Stress management education
- Nutritional counseling
What you learn and practice during our outpatient program – and after – will carry over into your daily life. We will work with you to design a personal, long-term exercise and strength training plan, and are here every step of the way to support and encourage you!
Cardiac rehabilitation helps:
- Control symptoms of heart disease
- Reduce cardiac risk factors, such as weight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and smoking
- You to be more active
- Improve your quality of life
- You return to your usual activities, including work
Join us, and gain the strength, skills and confidence to return to your daily activities!
Bryan LifePointe Campus, Lincoln, 402-481-6305
Crete Area Medical Center Active Lifestyles, Crete, 402-826-6582