Heart and Vascular
Expert care and advanced technology for you
When it comes to your heart and vascular system, you can trust the experts at Bryan Medical Center and Bryan Heart. Afterall, we're known for heart and we're here for you.
We offer screenings to provide you peace of mind and detect problems early. Advanced tests to diagnose your condition and develop the best treatment plan. The most innovative treatments in the region, some of which are only available at Bryan. All with the focus on you – so you can continue to enjoy the most important aspects of your life.
Our highly skilled team of experts includes cardiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons, advanced nurse practitioners, nurses, therapists and more. It’s a team that takes your heart and your health seriously.
For more than 50 years of caring for over 200,000 patients, Bryan Medical Center and Bryan Heart physicians work together to bring expertise, innovative treatments and technology, and compassion and dedication to our patients – it’s our commitment to you and those you love.
Trust Bryan when it comes to Your Heart
- HeartAware online screening – one of the top programs in the nation to offer screenings and personal consultations if you are at risk for heart disease
- Quality of Care
- Named one of U.S. News & World Report's High Performing Hospitals in two heart categories
- Significantly faster than the national average in providing life-saving care to heart attack patients, known as 'door to balloon' time
- Consistently below the national average for readmission rates for heart failure and heart attack patients
- Innovative technologies introduced to the region so you have access to proven treatments and the most advanced technologies such as:
- Cryoablation to treat irregular heartbeats and arrhythmia
- CardioMEMS to monitor heart failure
- Angioplasty to repair and unblock blood vessels
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD) Closure to close holes in the heart
- TandemHeart to stabilize critically ill patients in need of heart support
- Impella cardiac assist device to help the heart pump blood
- Stereotaxis ablation – the only Nebraska heart teams to offer this treatment for arrhythmia
- Biventricular Implantable Defibrillator – the first in the nation to treat patients with heart failure
- MRI-Safe Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators to Nebraska
- Micra, the worlds smallest pacemaker
- Absorb stent to make heart stents safer for patients
- Caring, experienced nurse navigators to support and help you and your family through each step of your heart failure treatment
- Bryan Medical Center and Bryan Heart provide a dedicated team of highly skilled doctors, nurses and staff, and access to the region's most advanced technology to offer the best care and outcomes to you
Bryan Offers the Region's Most Advanced Heart Imaging Technology
Your vascular system is made up of arteries, which carry oxygen-rich blood away from your heart, and veins, which carry deoxygenated blood back to your heart. This is also called your circulatory system. Vascular disease affects your arteries and/or veins. Most often this affects blood flow by either blocking or weakening blood vessels or damaging valves in your veins. This causes a decrease in blood flow to certain areas of your body. Because of the decreased blood flow, organs and other body structures may be damaged.
Vascular problems can affect all of your major organs. A few of the many conditions caused by vascular disease include strokes due to decreased blood flow to your brain, blood clots in your legs leading to leg pain and swelling, and the formation of varicose veins.
Because vascular disease can affect so many body systems, our highly skilled specialists in vascular care work closely with other doctors in many specialties such as cardiology, internal medicine, interventional radiology and others to provide the treatment you need.
We offer a wide variety of surgical and endovascular services including diagnostic and treatment for:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Thoracic aortic aneurysm
- Venous procedures
- Carotid stenting
- Care of dialysis fistulas
- Varicose veins