Family Involvement Workshop
Your support improves treatment success
A Better Future for Your Loved One Starts Today
Call the Bryan Independence Center at 402-481-5268 to learn how to get your friend or family member help today.
Confidential information and crisis assistance is available 24-hours a day.
Research shows a higher rate of success for treatment clients who have family members actively involved in their treatment. We are committed to equipping you to be the support network your loved one needs you to be.
We offer regular workshops, providing education, tools and support for friends and family members of Bryan Independence Center clients.
Research shows family involvement in a loved one's treatment increases chances for a successful outcome.
The Family Workshop offers education and support, at no cost, for those who have a friend or family member in treatment. The workshop is for family members and the loved one struggling with addiction.
- Addiction as a disease
- How to support recovery
- The importance of talking about feelings
- What to expect when the initial phase of treatment ends
- How to access ongoing support for themselves
- How to appropriately be involved in the treatment and recovery process
Twice a month, we offer a 4-hour Family Workshop on Tuesdays, which are typically offered at the following times:.
- Families are encouraged to attend one workshop with their recovering family member. This setting will have other families present as well.
- Additionally, a private family session with the client's primary counselor is encouraged on the same day of the workshop. Family session appointments can be scheduled by communicating directly with the primary counselor.
Attend the Family Workshop and Make a Difference
Your loved one's participation in a group session with you and your family members provides an opportunity to practice new, healthier communication skills in a safe setting. In our exit surveys, 100 percent of family members say the Family Workshop was worth it.
To learn more and register, call 402-481-5268, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.