Providing years of service and care to Lincoln and the Midwest
Bryan Independence Center began serving clients in 1971 in the Professional Office Building just to the east of Lincoln General Hospital.
In those early days, the program was called the Chemical Dependency Unit or CDU. In 1976 the services were moved a new location on Lake Street. It was at this time that the name "Independence Center" was established.
From 1971 until 1981 services were offered only for adult clients. In 1981 a separate adolescent unit was initiated and in 1990 both the adolescent and adult services united in the facility at 1650 Lake Street.
In 2014, the Bryan Independence Center moved into a new facility at 1640 Lake Street, thanks to the generosity of donors. This new facility allows us to continue to provide the highest quality care to our clients and their families, and to the entire community.