We're committed to always being there for all who turn to us for care
Bryan Health is committed to always being there for all who turn to us for care, including those who are unable pay. We encourage patients to apply for financial assistance if they believe that they are unable to pay all or part of their hospital or health care bills.
Financial Assistance Policy
Eligibility Requirements for Financial Assistance
Patients may be eligible for financial assistance if they:
- Have limited or no health insurance
- Demonstrate they have financial need
- Complete the financial assistance application, indicate the hospital where you received care and provide all required financial information
Health Care Services Eligible for Financial Assistance
- Emergency medical services provided in the emergency room
- Non-elective services for urgent life-threatening conditions
- Other medically necessary services, evaluated on a case-by-case basis
Assistance Offered Under the Financial Assistance Program
- Charity Care Financial Assistance: The level of assistance provided to patients is based on federal poverty guidelines. If a patient’s income is at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, the patient is eligible for 100 percent financial assistance. If a patient’s income is between 201 and 400 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, the patient is eligible for a sliding fee scale reduction in hospital charges
- Uninsured Patient Discount: Contact your hospital providing care to see if they offer an uninsured patient discount
- Please note: Bryan Health patients who do not have insurance are never charged more for services than the amount generally billed to those who have insurance
How to Apply for Financial Assistance
To apply for financial assistance:
- Complete the financial assistance application (or financial assistance application in Spanish) and include required supporting documentation. Check the location where you received care on the application. You also may obtain a free copy of the financial assistance policy, and financial assistance application form, through the mail by calling a patient financial counselor at 402-481-5791. Spanish translations of these forms also are available.
- Mail your completed application and the required supporting documents to the location where you received care. You will find the address on the Financial Assistance Application Form (also called Financial Statement) that you complete.
A complete financial evaluation is required to determine your eligibility for financial assistance. Our financial counselor will work with you to obtain all the required information so that the financial evaluation can be completed. Requests for financial assistance will be processed promptly, and you will be notified in writing if you are eligible for assistance within 30 business days of receipt of your completed application.
Need Help or Have Questions?
Our financial counselors are available to answer questions about the financial assistance policy, the application process, as well as identify sources of assistance to help you complete your application.
If you have questions about this process, please contact:
Patient Financial Services
Phone: 877-577-9277 or 402-481-5791
Physician directory listing of practice participation in the Bryan Health Financial Assistance Policy