COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions
Masks are Required
For the safety of all, we require everyone in our facility to wear a mask. This includes visitors, patients (except in special circumstances), doctors and staff. We discourage the use of gaiters or bandanas as research has found these are not as effective as a mask. Masks with vents or valves are not allowed.
Our staff is here to help people once they are inside our building. If needed, wheelchairs are available in the entrance alcoves. You may use to transport your loved one to the lobby. This includes Bryan Medical Center patients and those coming to appointments with providers in our office buildings. Valet parking is not available at this time.
The following visitor guidelines and restrictions are in place at Bryan Medical Center for the safety of visitors, patients and staff.
All Support Persons/Visitors Must
- Wear a mask (wearing a bandana or gaiter is not as effective)
- Answer and pass screening questions
- Pass a temperature check
- Be age 19 or older
Patients with COVID-19
For the safety of families and our community, the following measures are in place. No support persons/visitors for patients with a pending COVID-19 test or confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis. We understand this is very difficult for you. It is also difficult for us. This is necessary to limit exposure to families and community spread of the virus.
We understand the concern you have for your loved one and are committed to keeping you informed. A designated family member will be called every day with updates. The time of the calls may vary from day to day as we provide care to patients.
- Family Birthplace patient: One designated support person, must stay in patient room
- NICU patient: Two parents/guardians, must stay in patient room
- Pediatric/minor patient (age 18 and younger): Two parents/guardians, must stay in patient room
Overnight Patients Without COVID-19
- One healthy, adult support person age 19 or older, 5 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
- The one designated person remains the same for the entire day; the person can change from day to day if desired
Patient undergoing surgery, overnight stay
- One healthy, adult support person age 19 or older can stay for one hour with patient, once patient has been transferred to inpatient room following surgery
- Following days, 5 a.m.-8:30 p.m.
Same Day Procedures and Clinic Visits for Patients Without COVID-19
Same Day Surgery
- One healthy, adult support person age 19 or older can stay with patient until discharged
Diagnostic Test, Interventional Procedure, Outpatient Visit
Bryan Heart, Bryan Specialty Clinic or Tenant Office
- One healthy, adult support person age 19 or older can stay with patient during appointment
- Emergency departments - one person, 24/7
- Bryan Family Birthplace - one designated support person, one labor doula, 24/7
- NICU and postpartum infant - two parents/guardians, 24/7
- Pediatric/Minor patient (18 years or younger) - two parents/guardians, 24/7
- Dependent adult needing special assistance - number to be determined by patient’s nurse and administrative manager
- Community clergy who receive a request for a visit by a patient/family may visit those patients
- One contracted interpreter is allowed per patient along with the designated support person. If the interpreter is a family member, then only the interpreter is allowed when needed
Other Ways You Can Connect With a Patient at Bryan Medical Center
- Use our Friends & Family Portal to get hourly updates on your loved one
- Phone a patient’s room directly by dialing:
- Bryan East Campus 402-481-1xxx (patient room #)
- Bryan West Campus 402-481-9xxx (patient room #)
- Bryan Women’s & Children’s 402-481-7xxx (patient room #)
- Intensive Care Unit, Bryan East Campus 402-481-3640
- Intensive Care Unit, Bryan West Campus 402-481-9225
- Use your personal devices to communicate (smart phones, iPads, tablets, laptops)
- Should a patient need a charging device, these are available through volunteers and customer care, 402-481-3032
- Flower and gift orders are available through Lori’s Gifts at Bryan, 402-481-8359 (Bryan East Campus) or 402-481-4852 (Bryan West Campus), or order online
- Request an eGreetings to be sent to a patient, delivered Monday–Friday
- Greetings mailed through US Postal Service will be delivered to patients Monday–Friday
- To request a special occasion acknowledgement (i.e. patient birthday, anniversaries, etc.) please contact volunteers and customer care, 402-481-3032
All retail locations within our medical center locations (cafeterias, Bryan Bean Cafe, gift shops) are closed to the general public. Cash is no longer accepted at any of our retail locations. Please use a debit or credit card.
Learn about COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and your family