Growing up, I always wanted to be in medicine. I find it very rewarding to help others and have a passion for providing high quality, compassionate health care to my patients. Communication is key, which is why I focus on being an active listener to truly understand your situation and needs.
I strive to build a lasting relationship with my patients and provide the most up-to-date care in a thorough and professional manner. I believe in education and empowering my patients to be involved in their health care. This includes ensuring patients understand their medical condition, know the steps to stay healthy and are involved in decision making. I pride myself on having the kind of relationship where we can discuss anything.
I treat every patient as if they were my own family – whether that is helping them remain healthy or treating health problems and illnesses. I help people because I CARE and look forward to providing that for you and your family.
My special interests include:
- Pediatrics and women's health – I love that it is multigenerational and includes continuity of care from beginning to end of life
- Comprehensive health consultations to determine the overall health condition of my patients
- Preventative care – I believe strongly in this and enjoy helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle, providing wellness physicals, and taking the time to visit with each patient
- Medical procedures including joint injections, wound care, fracture and laceration care, toenail removal, lesion removal and IUD placement
- Medical examinations for DOT and CDL as a certified medical examiner on the FMCSA registry
I perform examinations, diagnose and treat health conditions, order and interpret test results, develop and manage treatment plans, and prescribe medications for all of your health care needs.
I graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln where I obtained a bachelor's degree in biology and psychology. I earned my master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies in 2000 from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. Before joining Family Medicine of Lincoln, I practiced in a rural family practice clinic and hospital.