As a child and adolescent psychiatrist, my focus is working with youth and their families to help create positive change. The most important part of this process is building relationships and trust with you. This includes actively listening to you and your child and knowing the right questions to ask to fully understand and evaluate areas of concern. Through this evaluation, a diagnosis is made. Then, we will work together to develop a treatment plan to meet the unique needs of your child and family.
My approach includes working with your child and you as the parent. I will also include any other individuals you feel would be helpful such as teachers, caregivers, etc. Depending on the child and situation, I will meet with you as a group and also with the parents and child individually.
My specialty is working with children and teens, and their families, to help in areas such as:
- Depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder
- Anger management/defiant, oppositional behaviors
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD)
- Autism spectrum and intellectual/developmental concerns
- Abuse and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
- Eating disorders
- Behavior and school problems
- Pattern of mood swings
- Significant life changes and relationship difficulties
Treatment involves evidence-based care and a holistic approach. This may include a combination of medication management, coordination of care with other therapies, and learning and developing new skills.