Department (Non-Doctor) Shadowing
Due to COVID-19, job shadowing at Bryan is unavailable until further notice.
Gain experience in health care by shadowing an individual within one of the many career fields available at Bryan. Our friendly employees are excited to have you alongside them as you learn about their area of expertise. Not only will you learn about your interested career, but you’ll also develop professional connections with those you shadow.
Clinical and Professional Shadowing Opportunities
Please note: At this time, job shadowing nurses is unavailable.
- Biomedical Electronics
- Care Management
- Child Development Center
- Physical Therapist (PT)
- Occupational Therapist (OT)
- Speech Therapy
- Public Relations
- Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutrition and Dining
All shadowing requests are approved by department managers and will be granted based on available staff and individual department workload.
Requirements for Department (Non-Doctor) Shadowing
Prior to shadowing, you will be required to verify that you meet these requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a high school graduate or have your GED
- Must be an undergraduate college student or above or enrolled in a health care program
To shadow at Bryan Medical Center, history of immunity/immunizations for the following diseases is required:
- Mumps, Rubella, Rubeola (MMR)
- Varicella or past history of chickenpox
- Hepatitis B
- Flu shot (required September 1-April 30); must be received at least two weeks in advance of shadowing within the required period. If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination, you will be required to wear a face mask
- Negative tuberculin (TB) skin test or follow-up care for previously positive TB skin test (required to be be completed within the last two years)
- DPT/TDAP (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
If you are job shadowing, you will be required to tell the current status of these immunizations.
Questions about department (non-doctor) shadowing?
Call Human Resources at 402-481-8610.
Human Resources Office Locations:
Bryan East Campus, 1600 S. 48th St.
Bryan West Campus, 2300 S. 16th St.
Hours: 7:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday