Doctor, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and Other Provider Shadowing
Due to COVID-19, Job Shadowing at Bryan is Unavailable Until Further Notice
An advanced career in the medical field is very rewarding. By shadowing you’ll develop a better understanding of the career path you’re interested in and develop professional relationships with your provider.
Doctor & Provider Shadowing Opportunities
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Certified Nurse Midwife
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Note: Since Bryan Medical Center does not employ providers, it is your responsibility to arrange shadowing directly with providers.
Doctor and Provider Shadowing Requirements
- Must be at least 16 years of age for provider shadowing
- Must be at least 18 years of age to shadow in the operating room, emergency department or trauma services
To shadow at Bryan Medical Center, history of immunity/immunizations for the following diseases is required:
- Mumps, Rubella, Rubeola (MMR)
- Varicella or past history of chickenpox
- Hepatitis B
- Flu shot (required September 1-April 30); must be received at least two weeks in advance of shadowing within the required period
- Negative tuberculin (TB) skin test or follow-up care for previously positive TB skin test (required to be be completed within the last two years)
- DPT/TDAP (Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus)
If you are job shadowing, you will be required to complete paperwork to tell the current status of these immunizations.
Questions about doctor, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or other provider shadowing?
Call Medical Staff Services at 402-481-8956.