Cardiothoracic Surgery Physician, Lincoln, NE
Bryan Heart is seeking a board-certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon.
Bryan Heart is affiliated with Bryan Health – Lincoln, Nebraska.
Bryan Heart seeks an energetic, collegial Cardiothoracic Surgeon to join a high-performing and high-volume cardiovascular practice, continuing its legacy of quality. Bryan Heart is on the leading edge of procedures offered, specializing in minimally invasive cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, electrophysiology, atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, and more. The organization performs the highest volume of cases in the region and serves more than 40 communities across four states.
Bryan Heart’s 27 physician practice consists of 10 board-certified cardiologists, 8 board-certified interventional cardiologists, 3 board-certified electrophysiologists, 4 board-certified vascular surgeons, and 2 board-certified cardiothoracic surgeons. The physician team is supported by more than 30 Advanced Practice Providers across inpatient, outpatient, and surgery settings.
- Physician led scheduling for operating rooms, including 3 dedicated cardiovascular operating rooms in addition to 11 operating rooms, all completed in 2021.
- Surgeons are supported by the cardiothoracic APP team with a ratio of 1.5 APPs to each surgeon.
- Our cardiovascular group is affiliated with a large 684-bed hospital that performs high-volumes in all peripheral, EP, and structural heart interventions.
- The cardiothoracic surgery team performs over 500 open heart cases and 400+ thoracic cases annually.
- Active VAD program with the largest implant volumes for a non-transplant center in the state.
- Highly engaged support staff results in well-staffed operating rooms and patient care units.
- Well established and extensive referral network throughout the Midwest region, including alignment with local and regional oncologists.
- Bryan Heart has exclusivity for all cardiac and vascular care throughout the Bryan Health system with highly aligned and supportive administration.
- The practice is located on Bryan Health’s main medical campus. As part of the Bryan Health system, the practice serves two mid-sized medical centers, two critical access hospitals and one joint-venture.
- The system as a whole has over 6,300 employees.
- Call shared equally amongst the Cardiothoracic Surgeon partners.
- Collaborative and open practice where your input and work are valued.
- Mentoring is available through partners who have outstanding reputations and wealth of experience.
- We provide highly competitive salaries and productivity bonuses.
- Continued reinvestment in the cardiovascular service line as a top strategic program.
- Epic EMR used in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
Bryan Heart was established in 2001 and throughout the past 21 years has been forging the way with innovative and cutting edge cardiac, cardiothoracic and vascular care to become a leader in the region. Bryan Heart strives to put the patient first in all situations – offering the best treatments, procedures and therapies to fit the patient’s individual needs.
Bryan Heart fosters an atmosphere of clinical excellence, and the Lincoln community provides quality living. With outstanding schools (including public and private), safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, and a wealth of recreational activities. Lincoln is the state capital and home to the University of Nebraska delivering cultural and entertainment benefits of a large city, while maintaining the feel of a friendly Midwestern community.
Qualified candidates, please send CV to Brenda McGinn, Physician Recruiter.