Pharmacy Resident Activities
Customized to your interests, with a variety of learning experiences
The Bryan Pharmacy Residency Program provides extensive training in a challenging, collaborative environment focused on you.
First Monday in January
Apply via the PhORCAS system
You will be involved in a variety of required and elective learning opportunities, so that your program is personalized to your interests. The Bryan Pharmacy Residency Program also includes additional professional collaboration and learning opportunities for you.
Required Learning Experiences
- Integrated Care I (Internal Medicine and General Surgery) – eight weeks
- Integrated Care II (Cardiology) – four weeks
- Critical Care Medical ICU - four weeks
- Critical Care (your choice of one of the following): Neurotrauma ICU, Cardiac ICU – four weeks
- Practice Management/Administration – four weeks
Research Project based on your clinical interests and a topic that is relevant to Bryan Medical Center. A preceptor will be assigned for project guidance. Project includes a formal proposal and written manuscript to be presented at the Midwest Pharmacy Residency Conference.
Elective Learning Experiences (select four)
- Mental health
- Medication safety
- Antimicrobial Stewardship
- Long-term acute care
- Neonatal ICU (NICU)
- Repeat a required learning experience
- Other learning experiences at affiliates may be available
Additional Learning Opportunities
- Adult/Pediatric Code Blue response
- Code Trauma response
- Committee involvement, such as Antimicrobial stewardship, pain team, anticoagulation team, pharmacy and therapeutics, pharmacy formulation team, falls team, stroke team, VTE team
Bryan pharmacy practice residents benefit from the collaborative partnerships fostered to provide additional professional growth opportunities, including:
- Building preceptor and teaching skills in the Teaching Certificate program offered through Creighton University, which also promotes networking with other area residents
- Ongoing professional growth opportunities through education and lecture programs at Bryan Medical Center and Union College Allied Health Programs
- Serving as a preceptor for pharmacy students as part of monthly rotations
Pharmacy Resident Staffing Experience
You will work about 32 hours a month. This includes a combination of day, weekend and evening hours. The exact schedule will be worked out between the residency program director and the resident to meet this staffing needs and resident activities.