Bryan Health Now Offers On-Demand Lab Tests
Wondering about your A1C or lipid status? These are only two of the lab tests you can now receive without a doctor’s order at the Bryan Imaging and Diagnostic Center. This simple, convenient process allows you to manage your own health in between doctor’s visits at an affordable price.
“On-demand lab testing offers many benefits to our community,” says Jayne Ellenwood, Bryan laboratory client services manager. “It allows anyone to get the information they need to take charge of their health. It’s also a great tool for patients working with their doctor to monitor the impact of lifestyle changes to their health.”
Here’s how it works:
- Choose your test and purchase online – at BryanHealth.org/On-Demand-Lab
- Select your test date and walk-in anytime, M-F, 7 a.m.-6 p.m. – at Bryan Pine Lake Campus Lab - 40th & Pine Lake Road
- Get results in 4-12 hours through MyChart (for most tests) – or by mail
“We want people to be informed about their health, so we’ve made this very convenient and affordable,” Ellenwood says. “I think most people will be pleasantly surprised when they see our pricing.”
More than 30 tests and panels are available, including the COVID-19 antibody test and the RT-PCR COVID-19 Test for Travel that meets airline requirements. A full list is available on the On-Demand Lab web page. Examples include:
- Pregnancy blood test- $12
- Lipid panel - $11
- Hemoglobin A1C - $7
- Hepatitis C antibody – $25
- Blood type - $7
- Complete metabolic panel - $15
In addition to the cost of the test(s), there is a $5 lab collection fee per visit. On-demand lab testing is not billed to your insurance, and is usually not reimbursable.
What if my doctor is ordering lab work for me?
If your doctor orders lab work for you, ask to have it done at our Pine Lake location. You’ll enjoy the convenience of easy parking and access to the lab, plus a lower cost. There are some differences between on-demand and provider-ordered testing that you should know about:
- The cost of provider-ordered lab tests at Pine Lake is lower than other Bryan lab locations but not the same as on-demand pricing
- Your test will be submitted to insurance
- You will schedule an appointment for your lab test through the Bryan Scheduling Center and register as a patient when you arrive
Additional services at Pine Lake Campus
All imaging services at Pine Lake have new, lower prices. This includes CT, MRI, PET scans, DEXA bone scans, mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, nuclear medicine, ultrasound and X-ray. Radiology and lab services at Pine Lake are part of our new Bryan Imaging & Diagnostic Center.