Bryan Health Will No Longer Allow Patient Visitors Effective Friday, April 3
Effective Friday, April 3, Bryan Health will further restrict visitation by no longer allowing visitors to patients in our facilities and clinics.
A healthy, adult support person will be allowed in a few limited circumstances:
- Patient arriving at either emergency department - one, if needed
- Bryan Family Birthplace - one labor partner
- NICU and postpartum infant - two parents/guardians
- Pediatric/Minor patient (19 years or younger) - one parent/guardian
- Dependent adult needing special assistance - as determined by patient’s nurse and administrative manager
- Patient care partner needing teaching and instructions prior to discharge - as determined by patient’s nurse and administrative manager
- Outpatient and clinic patient needing a support and/or transportation assistance - one
- Patient receiving end-of-life care - number to be determined by patient’s nurse and administrative manager
- Special Circumstances - as identified by administrative manager
Upon designation, support persons will be screened upon each arrival for signs of illness by taking their temperature and are required to follow infection prevention procedures as instructed. If the support person fails the health screening, he/she will not be permitted.
Patients with a pending COVID-19 test, or with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, are not allowed as support persons.
Other ways you can connect with a patient at Bryan Medical Center:
- Phone a patient’s room directly by dialing:
- Bryan East Campus 402-481-1xxx (patient room #)
- Bryan West Campus 402-481-9xxx (patient room #)
- Bryan Women’s & Children’s 402-481-7xxx (patient room #)
- Use your personal devices (smart phones, iPads, tablets, laptops) as they are a great way to stay connected. Families without necessary devices should consult with the patient’s nurse regarding devices that Bryan may be able to loan on a temporary, limited basis.
- Should a patient need a charging device, these are available through volunteers and customer care, 402-481-3032.
- Flower and gift orders are available through Lori’s Gifts at Bryan, 402-481-8359 (Bryan East Campus) or 402-481-4852 (Bryan West Campus) or order online.
- Requests for eGreetings to be sent to patients are available online and are delivered Monday–Friday.
- Greetings mailed through US Postal Service will be delivered to patients Monday–Friday.
- To request a special occasion acknowledgement (i.e. patient birthday, anniversaries, etc.) please contact volunteers and customer care, 402-481-3032.
For more information, please visit bryanhealth.com/patients-visitors/