Bryan Health Opens Drive-Thru Clinic at Bryan LifePointe Campus
Bryan Health will open a Drive-Thru Clinic at Bryan LifePointe Campus on Tuesday, March 24 at 2 p.m. With a doctor’s order and a scheduled appointment, those experiencing symptoms can receive drive thru testing for influenza (flu), respiratory illness and COVID-19 testing if warranted.
The Drive-Thru Clinic provides a convenient, safe way for patients to receive lab tests while limiting exposure to others.
Patients must have a doctor’s order and an appointment scheduled through the Bryan Scheduling Center to use this service. Patients can obtain an order from their primary care provider or a Bryan Health ezVisit evaluation at bryanhealth.org/ezvisit. Note: There are 2 steps to this online process. A short screening questionnaire and based on these results an online evaluation with a Bryan Health ezVisit doctor.
Appointments will be scheduled for a one-hour time frame. Patients can arrive any time during that hour. You will need to have a photo ID with you. One person will be tested per vehicle.
The Drive-Thru Clinic is located on the Bryan LifePointe Campus at 7501 S. 27th St. Signage will be posted to guide patients.
The Drive-Thru process will follow this format:
Bryan Health staff will be in protective gear. Patient will remain in car and drive through different stations to receive testing as needed. One patient will be tested per vehicle.
Testing begins with influenza and proceeds to RPP and COVID-19, as needed
- Influenza (flu) test – Results in 20 minutes
- Positive result – Patient will receive home care instructions
- Negative result – Patient will proceed to a respiratory pathogen panel (RPP) to test for respiratory illnesses
- Respiratory pathogen panel (RPP) test – Results take at least 2 hours
- Patient will go home and self-isolate
- A Bryan nurse will call patients with test results and next steps
- This call will be made as soon as test results are available, expected timeframe is within 24 hours
- COVID-19 test
- Only done if influenza and RPP tests are negative
- If this is done, the swab taken for the RPP test will be used for this testing so patients will not need to come back for any additional testing
- A nurse will call patients when test results are available
Testing will be billed to the patient’s insurance. We also have options for patients who need financial assistance.
- Vehicle must be under eight feet high
- No bathrooms are available
- No pets are allowed in vehicles
- In the event of severe weather, the Drive-Thru Clinic will close and appointments rescheduled
For more information on the Drive-Thru Clinic, please visit bryanhealth.org/drivethru.