Become a Patient Family Advisory Council Member
Working together to help improve Bryan Medical Center
What is a Patient Family Advisory Council?
The Patient Family Advisory Council includes former patients or family members of patients who provide input to improve patient experience.
Examples of past areas where the group has provided input include:
- Facility design
- Patient and family education
- New services
Who can apply to be a patient Family Advisory Council Member?
The following criteria is used to select patient and family members:
- Experience as a patient or family member at Bryan Medical Center within the last three years
- Service on this council is the primary role at Bryan Medical Center
- Ability to represent patient care experience
- Willingness to work in an advisory role
- Good listening skills
- Ability to interact well with different groups of people
- Respect of others’ perspectives
- Ability to participate in a consistent and agreed-upon schedule of meetings and potential sub team efforts
- Commitment to serve a two-year term with potential to reapply at the end of the term for one additional two-year term
What do Patient Family Advisory Council members do?
If you are a Patient Family Advisory Council member, you can help us in the following ways:
- Share your story
- Participate in discussion groups
- Review or help create educational or informational materials
- Work on short-term projects
Is being a Patient Family Advisory Council member right for you?
We're looking for people who can:
- Speak up and share suggestions and potential solutions to help improve hospital care for others
- Talk about your experiences as a patient or family member – but also think beyond your own personal experiences
- Talk about both positive and negative care experiences and share your thoughts on what went well and how things could have been done differently
- Work with people who may be different than you
- Listen to and think about what others say, even when you disagree
- Bring a positive attitude to discussions
- Keep any information you may hear as an advisor private and confidential
To Learn More or Apply
Join us! Together we can work to make Bryan Medical Center the best it can be!