Awards and Recognition
There are many organizations and private companies that designate levels of distinction to health care organizations. Some require payment from the health care organizations to share or promote earned recognition to the public.
Bryan Health annually achieves distinction and top ratings from a myriad of organizations, agencies and companies. However, we hold a position that we will not buy the rights to market trophies, awards or designations. We believe every resource should be reinvested into care for our patients and communities.
The following list of awards and accreditations are from organizations and agencies that use reliable, transparent and clinical based data, and have no expectation of payment.
We are very proud of our employees and physicians for their continuous pursuit of excellence, and their commitment to your health and wellness.
Bryan Medical Center
- Accredited by the Joint Commission of Health Care Organizations, Gold Seal of Approval, including:
- Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center
- Advanced Certification for Ventricular Assist Device
Bariatric Program - Bryan Bariatric Advantage
- Comprehensive Center accreditation by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (a joint program of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery)
Bryan Independence Center
- Blue Distinction Center® for Substance Use Treatment and Recovery, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Services provided at Bryan West Campus)
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer
- Accredited by the American College of Surgeons as a tertiary level Comprehensive Cancer Care Center
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Services provided at Bryan East Campus)
- Vanguard Center Award for ventricular assist device (VAD) program
- Certified as a Baby Friendly Hospital by Baby Friendly, USA
- Accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and the
- Accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (only Lincoln hospital with AABB accreditation)
Echocardiology Laboratory, Imaging Facility
- Accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Committee
- Highest level of recognition by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities International (CARF) for comprehensive acute inpatient rehabilitation program for adults and children and adolescents; and for specialty programs in brain injury, stroke and amputation.
Knee and Hip Replacement
- Blue Distinction Center® for Knee and Hip Replacement, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Services provided at Bryan East Campus)
- The American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) in 2019 granted reaccreditation to Bryan Center for Sleep Medicine for a period of five years.
- Blue Distinction Center® for Spine Care, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Services provided at Bryan West Campus)
- Verified by the American College of Surgeons
Vascular Laboratory, Imaging Facility
- Accreditation by the Intersocietal Accreditation Committee
Bryan College of Health Sciences
- Approved by the Nebraska Postsecondary Coordinating Commission
- Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission North Central Association
- Baccalaureate Nursing Program, Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
- School of Nurse Anesthesia, Accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs
- Ultrasound Programs, Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
Awards & Recognitions
- Bryan Health has been named a Survey Solutions 2018 Workplace of the Year, an annual distinction that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have achieved the highest levels of employee engagement. Read more
- Bryan Medical Center, Recognized in 2018 by U.S. News & World Report as one the Best Hospitals, Read More
- Bryan Health receives 2018 Survey Solutions Workplace of the Year Award from Press Ganey
- 2015, 3 Star rating for coronary artery bypass surgery (CABG), the highest category of quality from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Bond Ratings
- 2013-2016 and 2018 The Advisory Board Company's Workplace of the Year Award
- 2013 Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospital, Truven Health Analytics
- Best Performer Award in Discharge Preparedness, Avatar International
- Business of the Year Award to Bryan Heart, Lincoln Firefighters Benefit Association
- Food Service Sanitation Excellence Award, Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department
- Healthcare Advantage Award for Clinical Performance in Decreasing Heart Failure
- Readmissions, Thompson Reuters
- Healthcare Organization of the Month, Studer Group, February 2012
- Highest quality rating for CABG procedures, July 2011-June 2012, Society for Thoracic Surgery
- NICHE Designated Hospital (Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders)
- Silver Medal of Honor for Organ Donation, Health & Human Services
Note: Designation as Blue Distinction Centers® means that when last evaluated, these facilities reported overall experience and aggregate data that met quality measures focused on patient safety and outcomes, developed with thoughtful input from the medical community, and met certain cost measures that address consumers' affordable healthcare. Individual outcomes may vary. Designation is provided for general educational use only and is not a substitute for professional healthcare advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider for your own healthcare needs. To find out which services are covered under your policy, please call your local Blue Plan; and call your provider before making an appointment, to verify the most current information on its Network participation and Blue Distinction status. Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association and its licensed Blue Plans are not responsible for any damages, losses, or non-covered charges that may result from using Blue Distinction or other provider finder information or receiving care from a Blue Distinction Center or other provider.