A graduate degree in nursing with an education focus opens doors to multiple career options. Bryan College of Health Sciences in Lincoln, Neb. offers graduate nursing programs that can be tailored to your needs. Graduates will be qualified for teaching and leadership positions in colleges and universities, patient education, staff development and continuing education or training in health care.
Nursing education is a specialty area of nursing practice that requires a unique blend of clinical and educational excellence. Nurse educators use their knowledge and expertise to facilitate learning in physical and virtual classroom environments as well as clinical settings. In clinical settings, nurse educators assist students to correlate theoretical concepts to real time events to solve patient care issues.
Graduate nursing education emphasizes higher learning as integral to advancement of nursing practice. Throughout the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nurse Educator track you’ll learn traditional research methods, available evidence, contemporary technology, and information systems, all of which are essential components of nursing education scholarship and leadership. Graduate nursing education provides the foundation to assume a variety of specialized roles in teaching and leadership in nursing education.
Students share experiences
- The course load is manageable, even with family and children, working full time and traveling
- I'm using what I learned in the program right away in my job; it's exciting and it's improving the work I do
- I have a new job that requires a master's degree waiting for me when I graduate!
Why Choose Bryan College of Health Sciences
- Manageable course load designed for full time working nurses allowing work/life balance
- Blended learning on-line and in-person - 75% online and 25% in a classroom
- Preceptor program offering real-life situational learning
- Tuition scholarships available
- Classes taught by award winning faculty
The Master of Science in Nursing Program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing. Bryan College of Health Sciences is pursuing the process to add the Nurse Leadership track to the currently accredited MSN program. Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc., 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326, 404.975.5000.