Bryan Medical Center is committed to always be there for all who turn to us for care, including those who are unable pay. Bryan Medical Center encourages patients to apply for financial assistance if they believe that they are unable to pay all or part of their hospital bill. The following is a summary of our financial assistance policy. Please click here to read the financial assistance policy.
Eligibility requirements for financial assistance
Patients may be eligible for financial assistance if they:
- Have limited or no health insurance;
- Demonstrate they have financial need; and
- Complete the Bryan Medical Center financial assistance application and provide all required financial information.
Health care services eligible for financial assistance
- Emergency medical services provided in the emergency room;
- Non-elective services for urgent life-threatening conditions; and
- Other medically necessary services, evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Assistance offered under the financial assistance program
- Charity Care Financial Assistance: The level of assistance that Bryan Medical Center provides to patients is based on federal poverty guidelines. If a patient’s income is at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, the patient is eligible for 100 percent financial assistance. If a patient’s income is between 201 and 400 percent of the federal poverty guidelines, the patient is eligible for a sliding fee scale reduction in hospital charges.
- Uninsured Patient Discount: Bryan Medical Center offers an Uninsured Patient Discount of 35 percent to patients who are uninsured, or insured, but have non-covered services.
Please note: Bryan Medical Center patients who do not have insurance are never charged more for services than the amount generally billed to those who have insurance.
Applying for financial assistance
To apply for financial assistance:
- Complete the Financial Assistance Application Form. You may also obtain a free copy of the financial assistance policy, and financial assistance application form, through the mail by calling a patient financial counselor at 402-481-5791. Spanish translations of these forms also are available by calling the above number 402-481-5791.
- Attach supporting documents, listed on the application and provided here, to prove your income.
- Mail your completed application and necessary documents to: Bryan Medical Center, Patient Financial Services, 2300 S. 16th St., Lincoln, NE 68502-9907
A complete financial evaluation is required to determine your eligibility for financial assistance. Our financial counselor will work with you to obtain all the required information so that the financial evaluation can be completed. Requests for financial assistance will be processed promptly, and you will be notified in writing if you are eligible for assistance within 10 days of receipt of your completed application.
Need help or have questions?
Bryan Medical Center’s financial counselors are available to answer questions about the financial assistance policy, the application process, as well as identify sources of assistance to help you complete your application. If you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to contact a financial counselor at Patient Financial Services at 877-577-9277 or 402-481-5791, or visit a counselor in the Cashiers’ Office at the hospital.