StarCare operates within a 160-mile radius range of Lincoln, serving local community hospitals in transporting critically ill and injured patients to facilities with higher levels of care.
- Irregular heart rhythm
- Myocardial infarction
- Thrombolytic therapy
- Unstable angina or pacing
- Intraortic balloon pumps
- Near drowning
- Life-threatening injuries from motor vehicle, farming, industrial or hunting incidents
- Penetrating injuries such as gunshot or stab wounds
- Partial or total amputation of an extremity excluding digits
- Severe burns of face, neck or chest including burns with respiratory distress and inhalation burns
- Neurological emergencies such as cerebral vascular accident (CVA) or uncontrolled seizures.
- Spinal cord injuries and/or trauma with neuro impairment or respiratory distress.
- Head injuries with altered level of consciousness.
- Respiratory emergencies including adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- COPD exacerbation
- Inhalation injuries
- Newly intubated patients
- Acute respiratory failure
High Risk Perinatal
- Obstetrical emergencies such as premature labor, hypertension or high-risk delivery
- High-risk neonatal emergencies such as prematurity, sepsis, respiratory distress or congenital anomalies.
- Fever of undetermined origin
- New onset seizures
- Respiratory emergencies