Bryan Health offers a free, anonymous mental health screening tool
that will let you know, in just a few minutes in the privacy of your home,
whether or not professional consultation would be helpful to you.
This tool screens for:
- Alcohol Overuse
- Bipolar Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
If you have any concerns about your mental health, please take a few moments to complete this screening. If additional evaluation is recommended, the next step is to schedule an appointment with a licensed professional. For professional help with depression, anxiety or bipolar disorder, call the Bryan Counseling Center at (402) 481-5991.
It is important for people to screen themselves or loved ones for depression, just like they would for heart disease, diabetes or cancer.
Depression affects each person differently, so symptoms can vary. Examples include lack of interest in everyday life, irritability and changes in appetite. For some people, depression symptoms are so severe that it's obvious something is wrong. Others feel generally unhappy without knowing why.
Why Screen for Depression?
- Clinical depression can lead to suicide.
- Clinical depression affects men and women of all ages, races and socioeconomic groups.
- Two-thirds of those suffering from the illness do not seek treatment.
- Depression can occur with and complicate other medical conditions.
- Screenings are the first step in getting help.
Click here to take our confidential, online depression screening.
(If you get a message asking for a key word, please type bryanhealth into the box.)