Try these healthy options next time you're on the run. Include water with these items. If you must have a soda, choose diet!
- Garden Sensation Salads with a low-fat dressing
- Grilled Chicken Sandwich and a side salad with a low-fat dressing
- Large chili with a side salad with low-fat dressing
- Small chili and a baked potato with steamed broccoli
- Regular Roast Beef Sandwich and a side salad with low-fat dressing
- Grilled Chicken Deluxe with no mayo and a side salad with low-fat dressing
- Market Fresh Roast Beef, Turkey, or Ham with no mayo, side salad with low-fat dressing
- Turkey Club Salad with no bacon and a low-fat dressing
- Grilled Chicken Salad with a low fat dressing
- BREAKFAST: Sourdough sandwich with ham and egg
- On any item, hold the sour cream; light on the cheese
- Chicken Soft Tacos or Bean, Chicken, or Fiesta Chicken Burrito
- Taco salad with salsa and no taco shell
- Order any burrito or taco Fresco Style to decrease calorie and fat content by 25 percent
Any Pizza Place
- Choose a thin crust veggie or Hawaiian pizza
- Stay away from ordering breadsticks and choose salad with low-fat dressing instead
- Honey glazed ham or marinated grilled chicken, steamed vegetables and fresh fruit
- Rotisserie turkey or ham with green beans and fresh fruit
- Rotisserie chicken (without the skin) with Garlic New Potatoes and fresh fruit
- Oriental Grilled Chicken Salad with half the dressing and no noodles
- Chicken Carver with no sauce and fresh fruit
- Turkey or Chicken Carver with no sauce
- Steamed veggies, Garlic New Potatoes, fruit
- Chicken McGrill sandwich with BBQ instead of mayo, side salad with low-fat dressing
- Grilled Chicken Caesar with half a packet low-fat balsamic vinaigrette instead of caesar
- Grilled Chicken California Cobb Salad with half a packet low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- Cheeseburger (if you must), side salad topped with ½ packet of low-fat vinaigrette
- Egg McMuffin or two scrambled eggs with an English muffin
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
- Choose whole wheat bread and ask for light mayo. Go for baked chips as a side item.
- Load up on the veggies and choose a lean meat (turkey, ham, roast beef).
Any Sit-Down Restaurant
- Choose grilled chicken or fish and eat rolls and potato dishes in moderation.
- If choosing a steak, trim off the fat and choose cuts with less "marbling."
- Start with a salad with a low-fat dressing and choose steamed vegetables as sides.
The Gas Station
- Water and fruit and nuts or peanut butter
- Granola bars: Nature Valley, Balance Bars, Protein Bar of Choice, Cliff Bar, EAS Bar
- Beef jerky or pretzels